Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Silver clay




Have you ever heard of such a thing? It is the most amazing, innovative, creative product I have seen in some time. I am simply gob smacked.

On Saturday I did a workshop learning how to use this wonderful stuff. The product is completely recycled from all sorts of sources like camera film, there is no wastage and if you make a mistake you can start again looks like clay, works like clay, you shape and mould it with water, dry and then put it in a kiln and as if by magic the final product is 99.85% pure silver, fantastic for the likes of moi who is allergic to sterling silver. It was only a beginner course but as per usual I had delusions of granduear and boxed far above my weight and skill level but managed to be happy with what I achieved and am now completely inspired to continue and expand this exspensive but rewarding habit.
Get ye to a course now. I am quite happy with my pieces, I like the Brushed look and could still buff them to a mirror finish if desired. They are far from perfect but for a first attempt I am rapt.
This was a birthday gift from CH and words cannot explain the joy I had, a full day of uninterupted creative stirrings, oh how I miss and desire so much more...............................


No comments: