Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter


For those that know me will be under no illusion about how important Easter is to me.


I just adore it, decorating beautiful cane baskets for my girls to awake to and then to go a hunting through the house and garden for all Easter treats. The excitement was huge this year and was just a pleasure to watch unfold. As per usual I went completely overboard and will be finding chocolate in unusual places for the next wee while, that is part of the magic and testimony to a job well done!


Easter is also a time for harvesting and preparation as it is normally the time I stock the cupboards with homemade spaghetti and relishes for the long winter ahead. I chose not to preserve spaghetti this year but store it in the freezer instead, I am sure it will taste just great as per usual but I really did miss the feeling of pride when seeing all the jars finished and waiting to be stored. This afternoon I will be making Cucumber and pineapple pickle, the best pickle known to man.
It has been such a busy Easter this year with all of our normal family time and with getting the rental properties ship shape and spending all of Friday and Saturday cleaning. I actually had a great time as we got a baby sitter for the whole time and managed to go on a date of dinner and movies. We went to a lovely restaurant, truly one of Whakatane's hidden gems, Babinka, has a huge menu, something for everyone with surprising combinations of the highest gastronomic ingredients and the most superb range of desserts I have ever seen in the one place, I had an amazing Passionfruit and saffron panacotta, stunning. We went to see 3:10 to Yuma, not a bad flick I think I may have been cured of my utter utter dislike of Russel Crowe as I quite liked his character, infact most were likable accept some annoying kid. My favourite actor was by far Ben Foster who played Charlie Prince, I just love the western genre at the moment but to be honest I just do think we do a very good job of producing them in this day and age, some things were just plain wrong, clothing and the use of language
Well I had best go as I have much to do and I am working tonight.

No comments: