Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Honesty, is it really the best policy?

Out of the mouth of babes come words of pure wisdom and honesty and more often than not leaving me cringing. One three separate occasions this month Ella has chosen to completely humiliate me in the supermarket.
"Mummy that lady has a big bum" I managed to avoid eye contact with said lady, whew

so next time Ella made sure I could not ignore by walking up to a lady, looking her in the eye and announcing "You have really big boobies" FECKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I was so shamed

So by the next week when she told a poor little girl of about nine or ten that she had a "Huge fat tummy" I was a seasoned veteran.

Last week Ella turned to CH and said "Dadda I love your eyes, they are a lovely brown, green and pink!"

This morning, "Mummy my bum is like a hill, Poppy's bum is like a little hill and yours is like a big mountain!"

2 comments:

Jules said...

Ha ha ha! that's so funny - until Moo does it, and I know it won't be long... couple of days ago she said to a very pregnant friend of ours 'you're tummy is huge' (new favourite word, said with great enthusiasm!), to which our friend says, I know it's full of cake. That night when Daddy got home he took off his shirt and she said 'Daddy is your tummy full of cake too'... I can laugh now, but it won't be long before my bottom is a mountain too eh!?! What a joy they are.

snaphappymum said...

The nice thing for me is that since giving birth to Ryan, Daddy's belly is bigger than mine. YES!!!!