Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rhubarb and Banana Jam

Listening to Post, Bjork (reliving my youth)

Wearing a JPG parfume, limited edition inspired my my favourite artist, Frida Kahlo, feeling faboulous as I have decided I may not have beautiful office attire any longer but what is the point of saving perfume for best when I can enjoy it every day!

Today is not just a good day it is a grand day! Sun is shining, I am wearing boob tube and a summer skirt. There is a pot of jam bubbling on the stove made from my own rhubarb, I have just finished dancing around to 'Oh so quiet' Bjork with Ella bouncing on my hip, and before you ask OF COURSE she liked it! I dread her having her dads taste in music.

Yesterday I lay in the sun for all of ten minutes and it was glorious, I have not felt that relaxed without a ciggarette. It occured to me why do I not do that more often, rather than rushing around doing loads of domestic chores. I guess it is the guilt of being at home. I know I am busy and dont slack around(often) but I always feel I have to explain myself for every moment of stolen fun. No one else is putting this pressure on me exept myself, perhaps I just need to learn to be kinder. Feck it, bullox to it all, it's my party and I will dance if I want to!

I just stirred my jam and on reflection a boob tube is not the correct jam making attire, esp around bubbling sugar, please send 1950's apron STAT.

Well tomorrow I hope I feel the same as today, for it is yet another holiday.

2 comments:

Martha Craig said...

Rather than feeling guilty for having a nice time, you just need to aspire to do it more. Everyone wants you to be happy!

Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks Martha, you are so right I do hope you take your own advice