Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Chick Chat Tuesday

Given I was not really looking forward to having my mother and father in law here for the weekend, imagine my surprise to find myself nearly in tears when they left. Silly huh.

It was a wonderful weekend but I think the bit that really got me was how much they loved our wee girl and how much she seemed to love them. Not having had anything like this before, it was amazing for me, Ella is my first blood relative that I know and it is plain to see some of her grandparents characteristics. It makes me feel closer to them. We got nothing but praise about the nature of our little girl, but of course that would happen as unless you spawned the devil. It now seems selfish on our behalf to live so far from family who can give her just as much love as we can. Also I must admit to wishing sometimes we did have family here so we could give Ella a break from us as I am sure that I bore her during the day.

Do not worry I have not totally gone soft in the head as although as much as I am embracing this new family stuff, I still am mindful of how much they have got on my tits in the past.

Now back to chick chat Tuesday, I went to the movies with a girlfriend to see 'In her shoes' Chick flick personified. As Ella put the horror in horrible I did not really get to see much of it, but from what I saw there would be no reason to see it again. Toni Collette playing Hollywood's fat ugly duckling in all of a size 12 perhaps a 14 with padding. Unbelievable.

Today I once more shoe horn myself into a bathing suit as it is swimming day, must remeber to take care of side burns. Last week Ella went swimming under the water for the first time. Natural my arse. She rose out of the water mouth open, gallons of pool falling from it, eyes as big as saucers, her face was beet in colour, tears, choking and snot flowing from her nose. What a pretty picture and today we do it all again.

No comments: