Monday, September 04, 2006

Welcome to week 29


Eleven Weeks to to go!

It could be the comforting effects of guzzeling chocolate on this rainy afternoon. But do you know that feeling of standing on the gangplank of a bungy bridge and the heavy weight of that huge rubberband pulling you towards earth. Pure excitement. There is far too few times in our lives where we are balancing on the cusp of something that sends shivers down your spine.

Today I am there, as I take this moment alone and toddler free just you and me and a baby makes three. I am terrified and yet I am excited on the journey that we as a family are about to embark upon. I am so excited about the prospect of meeting our new edition it is almost unbearable. Seeing her face, touching her fingers and being enthralled about the miracle of life and hoping I have not given her my feet and high hair line! Will she look like her Daddy, will she look like her sister, what colour hair? Soon.

We have so very much to do as we have organised little but now I guess I can pin my ears back and go for it as really we do not have long to wait.

I am not one to wish my life away and I know there are times coming before she gets here that will be tough but I shall attempt to enjoy every moment while she is in my belly when I do not have to share her.

2 comments:

desert flower said...

What a lovely tummy !Can you still see your toes ? I have told Erez that he will be painting my toe nails this weekend. Something cheery to distract from the hospital bed linen ...eek !

Domestic Goddess said...

You lucky girl, Jase would never even consider doing that, mind you I also would not send a mere man to do the job of a fully trained podiatrist!(complete with grinder)

Ever tried painting a Cheerio?