Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pass me the salt and lemon would ya honey

It has finally happened, I now have the Mummy attitude to match my worn and haggard Mummy body.

Twas the night before the weekend and all in the house were quite.....cos we were bloody sleeping! Two nights without Ella, unbearable anticipation and we were so knackered we could not stay up past 9.30, not even a decent shag..............mind you at present the term bumping uglies really rings true. I kid you not my entire weekend was thinking about my little girl, I had no idea the strength of co-dependancy. We went to the movies, only crap on but we went to a Movie called something like 'Lady of the water' I enjoyed the flick,very whimsicle...not going to be all that memorable however. We also planned to go to this restaurant, who would have thought the bastards would be fully booked in Blenheim! We went to Picton and spent most of the time with a crazed wide eyed look going on as man that place is seriously odd. Then to top it off I spent the remainder of the weekend trying to plan things so not to waste a moment, unfortunately this was not CH's idea of a relaxing spontaneous weekend. Bugger.

Then of course I expected my angel to see me and running through fields of daisy's with arms fully out stretched...................instead I got sullen contempt.

I have discovered why..........Nana, bless her cotton socks feed my child crap, morning, noon and night. My little cherub now refuses to drink her normal water or very weak juice and is throwing tanties for real full strength stuff. She arrived home on Sunday and four days later still has not eaten a proper meal as her stomach is still really upset. She is miserable and really being an arsehole.

What to do, first reaction was to call Nana and promptly read her the riot act. I am seething considering we did lay down the rules. Oh god I detest confrontation with anyone else other that CH. Plus I remember laughing and scoffing at parents who had similar experiences and thinking they should really loosen up. Oh feck.

Maybe that is why I am craving wine and beer........................to help me loosen up. I really could go a Bulmers cider or perhaps a jug of GnT with loads of chunky lemon and limes with ice on the back porch................Margarita........god I love Margarita's, it must be nearly summer.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Oh dear, I think the golden rule with nana's is that nana is always right and they are simply 'fixing' what 'mean mummy' does in what little time they have to indoctrinate your wee one! At least that has been my meager experience of nana's-in-charge (it wasn't actually said, but you could almost hear the 'don't worry darling when mummy's gone you can have whatever you want'). But did you enjoy your break? I hope so, you deserve it, and if you can stand to bite your tongue maybe next time(?) will be better.

Domestic Goddess said...

Hmmn all thigs said and done it took her exactly one week to drink watered down juice again and eat weetbix for brekkie. Seven days to undo two days of doing what ever she wanted. Blimey mate I now see advantages to moving across the other side of the world!

As for enjoying the weekend to be honest, not really but next time will be different as by then we will be old hands at farming out out children!