Monday, April 03, 2006

Here we go again

Currently listening to,
Oupps I did it again, courtesy of CH, all the while stealing snatches of movies "Look at what I have created!!!" Followed by general swagger and chest puffing as I write.

It is going to take me days to take the air out of this new found confidence.

As you may have guessed we are pregnant again. Absolutely rapt. I had my first mid wife appointment yesterday although only eight weeks along she said that they see second time Mothers much earlier as the risk of losing your second child is higher than most.

I am so very aware of this, But it would not be me if I did not prepare for the worst but I am quietly confident whatever will be, will be. How incredibly adult or numb, take your pick.

In the reality according to me, I had convinced myself of the following,

As my first preganacy made me feel god awful sick then it is only fair that my second will be different and nausea free.

To be sure, it be different. It is cleary MUCH MUCH worse. I have been so very unwell over the last few weeks. I have even been having Nana Naps as I am exausted. It is so bad I stuggle to keep awake at traffic lights. It is like jet lag but much worse. I always carry on, everything always happens and everything is always fine. It is currently not. That pisses me off more than anything. I apparently have lost my super human powers. I will check later for the old Kryptonite under the bed trick.

So as per usual I am on a few supplements to make me feel better and make my baby more clever. Omega 3 for brain development is currently a favourite as you burp a smell that is reminicent of eating three day old fish and chips and reheating them in the microwave. What better experience could you give a person with a horrifically weak stomach.

Emotions are back on track I spent an afternoon crying at an Oprah celebrating 20yrs re-run.

All going well the due date is November the 19th. Blooming fantastic as this year I do not miss out on Christmas ham and trifle. A pre-requisite or wait another year.

Right that is all I have in me today, for something the size of a peanut they sure are causing some difficulties. Nana nap awaits.

1 comment:

Jules said...

We're so happy for you hun! And CH should be puffed up - well, you know, for as long as you can stand it that is!

You'll feel better soon, and it's all gonna be great. Good on you both!

xx