Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Diving in Dahab


Here is the first and last time I expect I will be in Dahab, we had the most amazing time there, the diving was the best I have ever experienced. We spent a week or so there just lounging about and trying in vain to avoid the bedouin children, without exageration they were the most foul mouthed horrible kiddies I have ever met.

They made and sold cotton bracelets and you were doing ok if you only bought a few a day in fact if you failed to buy you where a 'soone ov a beech' god bless tourist who taught them english. On one I these days I remember asking one of these little girls what she would like to do when she grew up and she replied very matter of factly that she wanted to learn to cook chicken and that was it. I also remember the vast amount of friendly cats that live there which I loved as being so far away from my cat and anything familar. Morrocan Hash was another thing I remember all too well and the dodgy bugger we got it off gosh we did some stupid stuff, however Dahab was and I bet is still a most fantastic place and I hope tourist are not put off as they are needed by so many.

I hope my wee girl will learn to cook her chicken.

No comments: