Monday, February 27, 2006

Preserving Time



Here lies the barren wastes of my labour, this Triffid like tangle is all that remains of 10kgs of ripe tomatoes.

The fruits of my labour are large jars of homemade spaghetti and bottles of homemade tomato sauce. If you have not tried homemade spaghetti then you must still be eating the tinned crap with who knows what lives in that flavourless insipid sauce. I am not much of a fan at all of the bought stuff but the home made is fantastic and I encourage you all to make the most of all the sauce tomatoes around at the moment and make something that is not only tasty, cheap as chips and above all filled with real tomato goodness. Yes, it is work but it is so worth it.

I need not tell you how great my house is smelling at the moment.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Yum, can I come lunch at your house?

Domestic Goddess said...

Come on round but bring good beer.