Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Good

As you all know I have just gotten back from a wee holiday in Wellington and it was fantastic. I adore our capitol city and would live there in a heartbeat. The weather was amazing, the wedding was wonderful and I must say how beautiful women look on their wedding day. I of course was completely paled in comparison to my cherub in pink, she really did look lovely.

We stayed out in Trentham as the wedding was at the raceway but the great thing about that was I got to ride the train. Oh this just reeks of hick behaviour but as Christchurch has no such transport I was like a kid in a candy shop finding my way around. The best part was catching up with a friend I have not laid eyes on in nearly seven years! She was amazing, unchanged and to be more accurate she was just so darn cool. It was then I realised just how fifties houswifeish I have become. Oh well my choice but I have so much more to give. Hold on while I write a note on my high prority thngs to do list on the fridge. ' Must find a new creative outlet other than pickles'

I adore Wellington center and managed to not even to glance at my favourite stores, oh the pain. Damn you to hell Zambesie, tempting me with your small deposit on a house type price tags. It is such a cross to bear having champagne taste on a raro buget.

Why why why

1 comment:

Rose said...

Darling sweet girl, you say the most outrageous and kind things! Cool, moi? You've been in Christchurch far too long. It's obvious you need to come up here for some holidays with the Cool One and maybe some of Wellington's Uber-Coolness will rub off on you. Seriously darling, I've always thought of you as the sophisticated one. Don't sell yourself short - you'll always be gorgeous. It's sad we didn't have enough time to drink some wine and so some serious reminiscing. There'd be some laughs there! Even such a short time though was wonderful.
And I'm glad you got to ride the train...