Sunday, November 06, 2005

TGIM

Not long to go now and I shall be able to put my head down for a sleep that is without anxiety and fear. Our weekend has been horrible. I knew something was wrong with Ella all this week as she was just terrible, at first I thought it was a reaction to Men B, then I thought at last she was teething and by friday night a temperature hit.

I have never felt so helpless.

I know it sounds silly but I guess I am a bit embarrased when I think there is something wrong with Ella as generally people in the medical profession have this knack of making you feel like you are wasting their time, you know the ole first time mum fussiness. It is possible it is my imagination, but I just hate to put anyone out.

Terrible night Friday, terrible day sat, sleepless night rocking Ella around the lounge was my big Saturday night. Finally 7pm Sunday morning we took her to the emergency doctor. Cue nasty old and bitter nurse who treated us like we were naughty children and Ella like she was a second hand rag doll. Thankfully there was a nice doctor on who confirmed that yes she was unwell but has no idea why. I then spent the rest of the day holding my bare bummed girl with a plastic piss vial in one hand to collect urine. They but a bag on her which she managed to poo all over and since we forgot her nappy bag, it was good times.

I have had hardly any sleep as she did nothing but sob all sunday night and yelled until she lost her bark and she would hardly let me sit at all, she was so hot I could almost cook Jason's brekkie on her forhead. The worst part was all she wanted to do was feed and she must have bit my nipples nearly fifty time during the night, she was just so angry. I think she was pissed off with the cricket, crappy Black Caps. Well at least it was something to watch during the wee hours.

Off to the doctors again this morning to get results but nasty nurse had fecked up the sample so back to the drawing board. Finally, I have got another sample(mostly all over me) and now I have finally got her down. She is just so sad. I love her nature, even through tear filled eyes, she still has smiles for ill old ladies sitting in the waiting room. Back to the doctors again at two, I might even change my clothes as they are covered in baby snot and tears, I hope she wakes up well.

2 comments:

Martha Craig said...

Oh you poor thing. Medical practitioners can be very lacking in empathy when you need it most.

The other crap thing about sick babies is that you kind of forget it will ever get better. You get so embroiled in it.

It just sucks, I hope she gets better soon.

Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks so much, she is getting better, today the doctor was fantastic, my faith restored.