Thursday, November 17, 2005

Help

If I had gone walking this morning it would have been for the 5th day in a row. No it was not raining, I had not stepped on a mine and blown my toes off, it was not my birthday, it was not CH's birthday(I would have gone walking if that was the case!) It was purely a matter of lazy looser lardy large arse was resident in my head.

As penance I baked two batches of biccies and will mow the lawns later. Actually this is the time I am supposed to being mowing the lawns. Getting a little side tracked then.

I heard a fantastic Interview with an author today on NR, a fellow by the name of Robert Fisk. I must check if that is the right name actually. Robert is a foreign correspondent and has been working out of the middle east for the last thirty years. This chap had interviewed OBL three times, the first of which when he was on team America. I am hoping it will be a good read. I may as well try and understand the middle east conflicts as spending too much thinking time on our own politics just makes my blood boil at present(I wont start) Oh well just another thing to add to the already huge Christmas list I have on a spread sheet so CH can peruse at his leisure.

I adore christmas and this will be the first year since I was a child that we do not have much money. This was our decision we knew it would be hard on one income. Don't get me wrong we still live well. I just never thought I would not be able to lavish gifts upon my loved ones and that will be the worst. My family have never had any money and myself being the more successful one out of the bunch always bought them nice things at christmas. My mother has never bought herself anything frivolous and still uses soap as shampoo and baby powder as deodorant. That is why I love the smell of baby powder. I am almost embarressed and feel like I should be apologising for not being able to get give many gifts this year. I know it is silly and it is not expected of me, I just love giving. I am very creative and clever with crafts, but even they take foldings to start with. I am yet to decide to give little things as the thought or pool the money on more important people for proper gifts.

Hmmn still managing to not mow the lawns. Right I am going to do them now, no do not try to stop me. Mana tangata has just started on NatR so I cannot understand it anyway, ideal time to battle with the lawn mower.

2 comments:

Rose said...

go mow those lawns, woman! Good, which reminds me, mine need doing too. But first I have to remove the dog shit. I guess that's what's putting me off...

Domestic Goddess said...

Thankfully my dog lives in fear and poos in the one spot. Lawns are now done and I can get on with making christmas stuff, trusty ole spray paint amd ivy can make almost anything!