Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I have Thrush

Listening to 'The Brother where art thou' soundtrack. I have not heard it in ages a refreshing change.

It is amazing what one little letter can do to a sentence. To be more accurate the title would read, 'I have a Thrush' Lets be honest, not as catchy.

Last night was a most wakeful night. Not only was our angel having sleep issues but our pets decided to have a party. Cat tearing up the hallway, running over the bed, beating up our turkish rug, rucking our lounge suite, finally pulling towels out of my neatly folded linen cupboard.

Dog, knocking over rubbish bin and chasing something around the yard. I was hoping it was the cat.

I have just come back from hanging the washing out, the dog was very happy to see me and even more excited when she saw I was going into the garden area. This area is my santuary, a dog free zone and today she thought she had a chance to make it in. Upon closing the gate on her, just missing her nose(I'll be quicker next time) I found what had been causing the excitment, it was a regular old Thrush. Absolutly frozen in fear, unblinking and dishevelied and to top it all off thepoor buggers cloaking device was obviously not working.

What to do, as I know my sluggish cat would have no qualms in playing with this poor creature and make it fly around with entrials hanging out. Trust me, I have come home to blood and guts at eye level. The dog is just gagging to not be lowest on the food chain in the family also would not show our guest hospitality.

After chasing the bird around the yard in my nightie, Ted the Thrush now resides in a DB export box with my last piece of bread. Washing basket on the top and locked in the garden shed with the cat trying to pick the lock. I am hoping the darkness will let ted sleep and have a wee nibble and get energy to fly away tonight. Slight prob, it is very hot. Ted may be cooked like a turkey, perhaps I will add some rosemary just in case, oh well no need to buy meat for tonights supper.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

You are so very lucky living on that side of the world, so close to exotic places. Have a wonder time, but I guess that will happen without saying.