Sunday, April 29, 2007

No more morning tv for me

I got a couple of comments last week about my weight. It is true I have lost a couple of pounds since I had that god awlful bug and I did do weight watchers for four days nearly a month ago. Then why do I denounce the fact and hush it up or mumble something incomprehensible and pretend to look at something very interesting under my fingernails. So perhaps I should learn to take the comments as how they were given as surely one of the reasons why you loose weight is so people notice.

It seems to have had the opposite effect and sent me ears pinned back, head first into the human equivelent of pigs swill. I want to loose the weight I really do, infact I was nearly suckered into a informercial about an exercise dvd called TURBO JAM! Perhaps it had something to do with JAM in the title. Damn your subliminal advertising and ab waggling ways.

So my exercise this week will be accepting compliments graciously. Well provided I actually do something worth complimenting. That in itself should be the exercise du jour. I need a token American friend for a week as they as a nation seem to excel in this area. Aussies, need not apply as the key word here team is 'Graciously'

1 comment:

Denelle said...

Did you know, i, just the other day learnt how to spell complement. I'd been using compliment for a lifetime! Does this make me a grown up? Consider yourself skinny to be receiving them and delight in your 4 days & bug!

Also can i have some of your diet pills? If you don't have any do you want some? At least then there'll be two reasons for staying up all night!

60gms of butter tis what a brownie takes, and if you use high cocoa solid chocolate, then you're more cocoa high (not coca high, although the thought makes my nose run with anticipation), where was i? oh yes, then it's low fat, high cocoa brownies. Food for the soul.

...you know those 'natural' confectionery lollies (and the cheesy dad cutting them up on a breadboard ad)...they have no fat cause they're only made out of sugar and jelly and fancy 'natural' colourings. Fat in lollies - i bet there's no fat in lollies, they're lollies, sugar, colouring and jelly.

anyways better go get my head together. T'was nice to escape the whitecoat with straps on the sleeves for a while.

kisses mrs