Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter


What can be more lovely than being awoken by a snuffling and crunching toddler as she follows and eats her way through a trail of mini M&M's leading to huge exclamations over pictured choccie bunny.
Sharing chocolate for brekkie, definitely wondering if they are my children. Who shares chocolate?
It has been a wonderful weekend we really have not done much but that in itself has been the attraction.
I am thankful of the current Easter trading law for without that our weekend would have been completely different as it was Jason still ended up at work on Friday and Saturday. The shops were absolutely crazy on Thursday who would have thought that two days of no trading could create such panic. Quite pathetic really.
You should see my pantry as this weekend I bottled homemade spaghetti and every time I open the doors and catch site of my weekends work I am so proud. Did I also mention that we now have a chest freezer? So exciting, I can freeze all overflow of produce and buy in bulk. CH is a an even worse geek as his first reaction to us finally getting an ice box is getting excited about what containers we could buy to store things neatly in!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently in our freezer we have loads of fish and an almost complete wild pig. An amazing thing has happened of late, CH is starting to feel almost as passionate about producing our own food and gathering locally as I do. Finally years of ranting seems to be taking effect, either that or he has just lost the will to live. I have been growing my own vegies eight years now and still consider myself with much to learn. I have decided not to put a winter crop in this year as the soil is so bad and have chosen to spend the winter preparing the soil for next summer. Already I am excited about it and cannot wait until we have a property of our own. I will need ten freezers to cope.
This weekend Blenheim has been bombarded with the drone of many aircraft, to be honest I had seen the signs and heard the advertisements but really took no notice....yawn.
BUT something about the sheer mass of planes seems to awoken my inner trainspotter, squadrons of real and replica planes flying in formations of over twenty planes above you home is a sight and sound to behold. The noise was so powerful you felt it and even was a little terrified for the pilots(not to mention if one dropped on my little part of the world, yep there goes my anxiety). This was the type of event that would give aircraft enthusiasts a hard on for the entire weekend, lack of blood to the brain and mass fainting everywhere.

No comments: