Sunday, April 08, 2007

Go stick a torch up your arse!

Now I mean that nicely.

A dear friend called me this weekend to ask for my worldly parenting advice. Unfortunately I still have my pull ups on and have much to learn. Her question was "How do you know if your child has worms" I really have no idea as that little bit of life's adventure is still one I am yet to experience. My only experience is with my cat and when she had a crap inside there were worms in it. So of course that was my answer. By this point I was on speaker phone talking to a rather jovial table of merry people. It came out that NO apparently there is better ways than sorting through you child's crap as the worms would only be there once you had wormed your darling. A more experienced parent at said table, lets call him 'Giggles' said what you really do is in the night, grab a torch, sneak into you childs bedroom and shine it up their ring piece!

Which begs the questions,

1.Is this true?
2.Was the Civic creche incident, only worm hunting?
3.Is that what "Giggles's" father used to tell his mother what he was doing?
4.Has conversation round the ole bar leaner got so poor that you are discussing worms and parasites(other that the ones sitting on the bar stools) Blooming heck I am glad I am married as that is just sad.

2 comments:

snaphappymum said...

I have heard about the checking the bottom thing before, apparantly you need to do it in the morning before the kids wake though, as that is when the worms are most active. Also while i have never (yet) experienced this we did on one occasion have a have we/haven't we experience and in talking to the chemist he advised that you should be able to see them in the poos. Don't know if any of this helps or matters or if anyone even cares, but there you have all of my knowledge on the subject.

Denelle said...

Such a nice conversation to hold when one should be indulging in dramatic quantities of brown stuff which has cocoa as the main ingredient not worms!

What kind of company are you keeping in Blenheim??? :)