Sunday, May 06, 2007

Well honey lets put on my $5 hooker shoes we are going out on a date

To all ye hard working Mum's out there, rejoice as all is not lost...................unlike my waistline.

It is Monday, all day. Unlike most previous Monday's I can actually stand on my soapbox and shout that I had a fricken fantastic, completely reckless, debauched and irresponsible weekend.

Go on, ask me how my weekend was.................

I am not going to tell you all of the sordid details in the hope of keeping your lunch down. Today is CH's Birthday and he is a young 36 with only minor crumbling around the edges. This year I wanted to do something special but my choices were fairly limited. I wanted to actually relax with my CH and just enjoy each other without the responsibility of the day to day. I thought about many things, vineyard tours, fishing but in the end I felt we would be spending all out time driving to places as we could not be away for the night due to Poppy still getting up in the early hours.

I came up with the idea of a day stay in a hotel. I was completely embarressed ringing around the hotels to see if they did such a thing as 'Daystays' I felt like the wicked whore of Babylon and the thought of checking in had me cringeing. In fact when ringing around I actually made out that I was doing it on someone elses belhalf, I am such a geek. Really what does it matter what other people think "Yeah, sure that is your husband!" wink wink You would have thought that perhaps on some level that it would be a bit exciting to check in and have someone think that you were a working lady(or the fact people would pay to have sex with you!) but no, mostly discomfort.

I had CH convinced we were going on one of those god awlful shared lunches with a bunch of people you have never met, so you can imagine how happy he was with that. I actually organised his parents to come over for the weekend and even when they arrived I acted dumb, definately Oscar winning performance. His parents said they could come to the picnic but had to be in kaikoura by two so off went CH and I to get supplies for the picnic. We stopped at Couplands and got a couple of snacks and went to the counter with CH spouting off how it would never be enough and we needed more before we could go home. Instead of reacting as I normally would I said, ' honey, we are not going home.' He was so confused and said what are we going to take on the picnic. I replied in a calm relaxed tone 'honey we are not going on a picnic' I then gave him directions to the hotel and he was looking all anxious and going on about how we could not stay all night, who would feed Poppy?........................You CAN'T stay just for a couple of hours!!...........are YOU mad!...........I am in a sign written vehicle!.......... it was such a laugh, he would not check in with me as he was bashful.

The hotel was lovely, a good sized spa for two, Sky movies, good food, wine and lovely crisp sheets to mess up. To finish off the night we went out for a meal but I cannot say that that was a highlight but to spend so much time with each other, it was just lovely. I would not change my life thus far for anything but it was grand just to put it on hold for half a day.

I reccommend this for any of you out there.

2 comments:

desert flower said...

I'm in awe of you...you are an inspiration to us all. I don't think the excuse "But I've just given birth" is quite relevant after 7 and a half months. Gotta get me some of those $5 shoes ...

Jules said...

I had no idea you could do that, what a fab idea... hmmm almost Mr Moos birthday... I'm inspired too, thanks hon x