Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Strike

This morning dawned to our trusty laboratory workers, fart, roll over and snuggle their heads further under duvets for a wee holiday. A 48 hour wee holiday in fact, for that is how long they are striking on our DHB because they want a 20% pay increase.

20% increase, who the hell are they kidding! It sounds so outlandish to me that they might have well asked for a 50% pay increase. Geez I would just like to get paid. For all I know they may only be getting minimum wage and a 20% rise may well be justified. I doubt this.

You callous wanking bastards, I well remember the last time those lazy shameful rash pricks held us to ransom. It was just before Christmas when my two week old baby was severely ill and airlifted to a Special Care Baby Unit. Without the lab tests our doctors had no idea and all they did was throw as many drugs at her as they could with the hope one would work. It was like throwing darts in a dark room full of kittens. Thankfully for me that nightmare ended but for how many unsuspecting others out there, is it just beginning.

Speaking of kittens, I do find it a little funny that our cherished government passed a law in which cats must be well fed and have shelter and warmth and trying to pass a anti smacking law, what about a ANTI STRIKE LAW ON ALL ESSENTIAL SERVICES TO FECKIN HEALTH LAW!

Radiographers are next. I am already panicking about the women who are pregnant and if something goes wrong during the strike time, what happens? I am grimacing, that has to be one of the worst feelings in the world, having problems antenatal and not knowing if the life you carry within you is there or gone. Look I do not really care about broken bones and things as there are drugs for that, how about put those empty time slots to good use and scan for any signs of a conscience.

I have mammoth loathing of being held to ransom. I recoil at the thought of giving into these people. We all should be responsible for the choices we make in life. If I wanted heaps of money I could have chosen a field in which had the capacity to earn it. Alternatively I would work really hard to be the top of the field and be well sought after. No point training to scoop ice cream and then complain about not getting chefs wages.

I guess the worst of it is, what if they actually got a pay rise of 20%, how long will it take for them to think, well that went well, shall we go another round. I guess you have to bank on them being fair and reasonable in the future....................is a 20% pay rise fair and reasonable now?

Giving these people a pay rise is REWARDING BAD BEHAVIOUR!

I hope and pray that all will be fine for the duration of the strikes. I fear that someone will have to die before this is stopped. I hope I am wrong

1 comment:

Jules said...

I still go cold at the thought of you turning up the hospital and having no one to help you... grrrr!

Love your easter pic, Poppy is really going for it. Nice sharing eh (it's like a bad habit now isn't it? reward all good behaviour even if they can't hear/read it!)

PS yes you do use a torch to find worms... gross! pleass god let us never have to do that one!