Saturday, September 20, 2008

Well I have a new badge to sew on my parental brownie smock!

Today we ventured into the unknown territory of 'Family Potraits' Many of our friends have well travelled this path and the fruits of their labour grace their wall, but today was a first for us and it was blooming horrible.

In fact I cannot even discuss it as the flash backs are too much but here are is the short version,

Sleepless night wondering what to wear.
A whole morning changing my mind.
Putting makeup on for the first time in ages and feeling like a $5 hooker
Pops screaming, picking her nose or finger in her ear digging
Ella with the cheesiest pose
Bribery with Ice cream

All this for a ten minute sitting and a $10 photo and then they will charge you hundreds of $ to get more photos

2 comments:

Jules said...

You are so brave, we've yet to pluck up the courage... it's never going to happen. I'm sure the results will be worth it though eh?

I feel awful, I completeley forgot about Ella's op. Poor wee thing, how scary for her - and you! Is she all good now. Kisses for all xxx

snaphappymum said...

Yep, we went thru this last weekend. It is nigh on impossible to have more than one child smiling at a time (unless there is no camera in sight). Especially Maggie who normally hassles me to take photos when i have my camera out, but try to get her to sit with her siblings and NO WAY! I get to see the results on Wed (I hope the photographer is good with photo shop, LOL!)

As for Ella, GBH. (Some for you too). I welled up reading about her new world. Such a wonderful thing for her!
Love to you all.