Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rain of the Children

I am quite this morning, a little lost in my own thoughts and more than comfortable with it

After waiting months to see this lastest Vincent Ward offering I finally got to go last night. What an experience, it was visually amazing with many scenes that squeezed your heart and tightened your chest and made it impossible to breathe with the only possible relief was to let the tears flow and hope the person sitting next to you has the manners to ignore you entirely.

I urge you all to go, as I am sure it is the best telling of some of our more recent history, It certainly will not answer your questions but will peak your curiosity and urge you to seek knowlege. I loved seeing Puhi footage from the original doco, to see how she moved and the words chose and her polished leather skin. I really liked her son Niki and I am sure if he was around now he would be the most amazing man to speak with. He was something special, and for the sake of his family I am glad they can now be proud rather than just not mention him. I am not sure it will translate as well on DVD, this is something you must see on the big screen.

Oh Puhi and to all your lost children my thoughts are with you today.

No comments: