Monday, November 27, 2006

biltong anyone?

Oh lordy it is worse than I expected.

I have a child that sleeps little, shreds breasts with a single suck and of course is bringing up my blood WHICH IS JUST WRONG, I am wearing breast pads that when removed take half my nipple with them, stitches which have just gone from sitting on barb wire to itchy as all hell. Not to mention a complete befuddled brain that reigns supreme(which left CH's wallet on roof of car..................................and amazingly found by a friends husband!)

I have just come through four days of being abandoned by CH for a Irish rock band (I am still sulking) Thankfully my best friend came to my rescue and baby sat me for the weekend, seriously I could not have coped any other way. I am still knackered as hell as the demands of a toddler weigh heavily and there is no sneaky rest during the day. Speaking of said toddler, poor little bugger is not really handling the transition to a two children family very well at all. She has always sucked her blankey upon sleeping, but blankey is now a firm friend that hangs around all day.

I am having some issues myself as I am really dog tired and trying hard to keep things the same for her, but it will never be the same. I am feeling guilt. I am sure it will pass but when one is a little emotional things do appear worse than perhaps they are.

Tomorrow is a new day but I must get through the night. Poppy is being Poppy and doing what the heck she likes, who knows what new and interesting way to torture her mother she has been dreaming up.

I am still amazed at the difference between my girls, I have no idea what I expected but by gosh there is almost no similarities, she is her own girl and that cannot be disputed. She already has so much attitude and spunk you could almost swear she has been here before.

Yes I am in love once again and it is true what they say about love multiplying and not dividing. I am flirting with the idea of going to my normal Tuesday coffee group tomorrow, shock horror. I may not go as I have a very smelly........................baby. I bet you are glad I said baby as I have been so frank in this blog that who knows what other little ditties I was going to pull out that you did not need to know. Yes, Poppy is going though the rancid belly button stage and it is so bad it could clear the room, mind you I am sure if I hid a hunk of dead meat in my belly button for eleven days, things would be more than a little savoury, biltong anyone?

No comments: