Monday, May 01, 2006

Mmmmm Irvines cheesy goodness

Not to sound shy of a under arm razor but in my life to date I have always believed in listening to what your body is saying. Now I am not talking about that wee voice that tells you that picking your nose in the car is completely cloaked from vision from all passing vehicles but the one that actually gives you cravings for an orange when days later a cold hits.

I have always been Mrs Higher than thou canned food and have tradtionally thrown looks of scorn at convenience fare. Until now. I have just finished tucking into Instant cheesy mashed potatoes, microwaved frozen baby peas and a Irvines Mince and chees pie drowned in watties and I enjoyed every moment of it and am actually considering heating up another pie.

As far as cravings go, what nutritional value could this night plat du jour have given to my unborn child. Perhaps it is just a blip and I shall go back to my wholesome food devouring self.

The thought of healthy alternatives is currently turning my stomach.

2 comments:

desert flower said...

Heh hee I know just what you mean. For the last 2 and a half months the thing that turned my stomach more than anything was salad !!Plain old cucumber and tomatoe I could deal with , but a mixture with olive oil was just stomach churning !! Had no cravings really with Yoni but this time anything sweet will suffice, having to be really careful!

Jules said...

I say if baby needs it who are you to argue!! There must be some nutritional value in a pie & cheesy mash... not sure what though?!?! Enjoy it - you and Desert Flower!