Saturday, May 20, 2006

Super 14

I need a serious talking to. Tonight is the night the second semi final for the Super 14 , comfortable favourites Canterbury Crusaders Versus underdog The Blue Bulls. Last nights match was fantastic The Mighty Hurricanes Versus New South Wales Warratahs, super game and of course we were victorious.....just.

Essentially tonights game is New Zealand Versus South Africa. Since I do live in Caterbury you would think that wanting Canterbury to win would be a no brainer. Unfortunately, I just cannot do it, I tried BUT I cannot possibly support a canterbury team as they have the most appalling bunch of one eyed, poor sports of supporters. Having spent much time at Jade stadium over the years and each and every time I am disgusted with the same behaviour. Oh my god I sound old!

Do not get me wrong, to have two NZ teams in the final of the Super 14 is an outstanding reflection of the depth and strength of New Zealand rugby but why can it not be any other team but Canterbury.

2 comments:

elaine x said...

... naw, that's what happens in motherhood! perfectly normal ...
good luck to whomever you choose to root on!!!
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

Martha Craig said...

You'll have to support the Hurricanes. I spent years after I moved to Wellington trying to be loyal to Canterbury, but really it is just easier to support The local team.