Wednesday, March 08, 2006

We had joy we had fun eating bogeys in the sun..but the sun got too hot and the bogeys turned to snot!



If today is the standard for the coming days weather wise then these Sunflowers may be the last of my golden summer.

As I have said our weekend was fabulous in Nelson and the Mid-simmer like temperatures was no exception. Thankfully we missed the obvious terrible weather that happened in our absence. We came home to find my garden in rack and ruin with sunflowers uprooted and severed and I had to desperately slash broken stalks to rescue the sunny blooms.

These Sunflowers have been amazing, I love the rich amber hue rather than just canary yellow. There has been up to 50 flowers on the one stalk. Of course it is all due to my horticultural prowess. I have been calling these Ella's sunflowers as I hope to every year grow some of the seeds and enjoy them all over again. Not to mention forcing them all on friends and family as cheap but heartfelt presents.

I do not know where you are but today, but where I am, there is autumn in the air. I actually had to stop pegging the clothes on the line so I could warm my fingers. I also cursed my choice of footwear as the grass needs a mow and was sodden with cold dew. It feels too early, it was only yesterday jandals and flip flops seemed the right attire.

I am not ready to loose summer, I have been so busy over the last year time seems to have gone without the courtesy of a goodbye. Enough moaning as I have much to do, with the onslaught of winter I have much preparation to be done in my garden as of yet I have found no one else to do it. Sigh, must clean windows as I have been meaning to do this since spring, oh well it will happen.

No comments: