Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Joys of Motherhood

After our doctors visit yesterday we had to do a series of tests. Firstly a urine test, fairly easy as we have done a couple before, basically duc taping a bag to her sterile girlie bits. Home and Bathed and put on the first bag, going well until the little bugger shat herself. Oh well cannot helped, off comes the bag trying to take a little skin as possible.

Back in the Bath.

Out of the bath, dried off and heading to put on the next bag.
Before the bag goes on she piddles all over me.

Back in the bath.

Dried, finally got bag on, Ella is very chuffed at this point.
I decided not to put a nappy on as I had no succes before doing this way.
To calm the angry beast I gave her a treat and let her snuggle in and sleep on me, halfway through Antiques Roadshow I then discovered that the bag does not even get a teaspoon of fluid as my crotch wore the rest.


Off to the lab clutching urine sample and now to a blood test. I had not given the blood test much thought, I assumed it would be quick and easy as a normal blood test. My first indication of the degree of difficulty was when the nurses argued over whom was doing it as neither of them wanted to. Then a series of tornequets trying to find a vein without success and a very miserable child. Finally they stuck a needle down the side of her thumb and manually filled up some vials by milking the thumb drop by drop. Brutal.

Last night she finally slept throught the night. Yay! Pity I didn't.

No comments: