Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Is it the weekend yet?

It is only Wednesday and I am exausted. On Monday we were told by the hospital that they had not got around to cancelling our appointment for Ella. FANTASTIC.

Yesterday, some mad woman lets call her 'Beitch Trish' left a message on our answer phone asking us if we were attending the appointment or not. I called her straight back not more than five minutes after she left the message and she was SORRY but she had just given our appointment away and the next best thing she could do was slot us in for May!

I then explained that it had already been taken care of by a lovely Lady named Dot. Beitch Trish then said once again she was SORRY, not her fault and if someone else had done their job correctly there would be no problem and if I wished I could complain, then she hauls Dot to the phone to apologise directly. I was so embarressed for Dot as this Beitch Trish was clearly a workplace bully. I then explained to Dot I was not grumpy at her and could not be helped and then said that I hoped she was not going to be give a hard time by the bully. I could almost hear her grimace over the phone and she said 'yes, you are right, but leave it with me and I will call you back later'

I hate women like Trish constantly flustered over anything, everything is a huge problem, they feel it is all up to them to single handedly fix everthing, with no resources as no one else does their job as well as they do. They are the only employees to ever follow rules to the letter and if it is not in the manual it cannot be done.

Bless Dot she called the person whom our appointment had been given to and they agreed to go back to their old appointment one week later, what a star. I thank you both.

We are off to the Doctors again this morning as although Ella's Temp broke on Monday night she is still off her food and looks terrible, still cries most of the time and last night she broke out in a rash. Oh, I was cool for about five minutes then PANIC. You know stomach falling and hearing the blood pulse in your ears.

My first reaction of course was to firmly believe we were silly and how embarrasing it would be to rush her to hospital like overprotective parents.......Honestly , I need my head read. We decided a happy medium was to call the plunket hotline and they were fantastic and got the most amazing and informed Nurse to call and walk us through what we feared might be Menb. What a night.

Incidently the plunket 24hour hotline is 0800 933 933 you never know when you will need it and they also will put you through to other services that you may need but have no idea what the o800 is.

1 comment:

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Beautiful babygirl!