Sunday, December 04, 2005

U2

I feel terrible like Father friggin Christmas just arse raped me without the courtesy of a reach around. You know sometimes when you hardly ever do something like enter a competition or buy a lotto ticket, and when you do you feel like you will win because you are a good person and now would be fantastic timing. You go over many times in your head how you would tell your loved ones and what you would spend any windfills on.

Then complete and utter stomach lurching shock that you of course did not win.

I felt sure we would be off to U2, marvelling over The Edge and his apparent eight arms to play lead and watching Adam's cool calm bass that seems to have magical powers over womenkind, while scoffing at Bono arrogance. U2 have been my utlimate musical obsession since I was young enough to twink their logo on my pencil case, for heavens sake I walked up and down the isle to U2. Infact they were what brought my husband and I together.

I never in a million years thought I would not be going. I still cannot believe it. There must be a way.

No comments: