Monday, December 12, 2005

Hospital stay anyone?

Did my ears deceive me, I am sure I just heard that more people die from medical misadventure than die on our roads! Comforting thought. Perhaps we should be parking the booze bus in hospital corridors rather than our highways. Tremendous pressure on our medical heroes, years of study, hellishly long hours not to mention being responsible for human life. Why do they have such long hours? Even our Truckies have loggable hour restrictions and regulations to follow.

Have we set the bar too high for our doctors? Doctors are supposed to be some of our most academically gifted, learning all sorts of clever bugger trivia. Could that be the problem, too busy filling their heads with information they may use one day that there is no room left for common sense?

2 comments:

Martha Craig said...

When my first son was born he was pretty crook, and the only time the paediatrician was able to make it up to see us was about 12.30am. Bloody ridiculous, she was absolutely shagged, as were we. I think doctors are insane working such silly hours.

Domestic Goddess said...

It baffles me, it is like some sort of tough sticker!