Sunday, September 18, 2005

I hate hairdressers

You know that horrible out of control feeling when you dream you are falling and then you awake suddenly with stomach bile in your mouth and deep shuddering in your bones. Lately, it has not been solely restricted to my dreams. A timely reminder of the Extreme Makeover episode I have been trapped in for the past year.

All I can say is Blooming Hormones. Mind you I have never been what you would call assertive in confrontations. (of course excluding CH, that comes easy) Even when I do stand up for something it infects me with guilt and makes me feel like I have just drowned a kitten. Last week in Farmers I was waiting in line as good kiwis do, when this women pranced in front of me carrying her size eight undies straight to the counter. It was then I made a desicion and in my best grown up voice ever 'excuse me I do believe I was here first' It was also then I realised what I had turned in to. There I was red cheeked and sweating, both from utter embarrasment and overheating in my jacket(as my top underneath was vomit stained) carrying far too many grocery bags and lugging a rather wriggly child. The lady replied haughtily 'oh I did not see you' Well at least the upside of that is not only did I look like a Klingon my cloaking device was working wonderfully.

Anyway back to the story at hand. My CH took Friday off so I could treat myself to a spiffing new do. I had the appointment booked, lots of freshly squeezed boob milk in the fridge. I was off. Bright sunny day, handbag swinging, me and my funky clothes stopped off for a double caramel latte and boldly stepped into the salon. I left five minutes later, reduced to tears. I will not bore you with the details of a middle aged hairdresser with a death grip trying to hold on to her thirties, whilist telling me how horrible I was looking and perhaps I could come back another day as they were overbooked. All I could say when she asked could she rebook me was a firm NO thanks. For reasons unknown I was devastated. I still feel guilty for not saying 'Hey no problems, book me in for next week as I have nothing else to do' If only.

On the brighter side I have planted my first vegies in my new raised gardens, snow peas and scarlett runner beans. I was thinking of my friend Cathie and planted sweet peas in with them. Tomorrow is Monday, I am supposed to be starting to be healthy. Please send me the strenth to do this.

No comments: