Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Do you have a secret friend? I did. Someone who is so special that upon my most wakeful hours I can retreat into the depths of my mind and have adventures or seek comfort. Someone who is so high upon a pedestal that they have aged only as you have wanted and imagined them to. Someone who can look into your eyes and only see the goodness of your soul. A fantastic friendship, one not tarnished by sexual innuendo and really if at all honest completely made up. This one however is very much alive.......................... and yet is very dead to me.

Normally I am thankful of such a wistful imagination but today I am just haunted. I dreamt of said person last night, which is quite normal but this time was very different. Normally my dreams are fun, full of laughs and interesting times. In my dreams I always meet with this person and I imagine myself from years ago completely untarnished by the years. This time I was myself in all my old, warty, worn and wrinkled glory. It was horrible. I felt exsposed and as embarressed as if I had just pissed my pants halfway through a important job interview.

In my dream in my cringeful state, we had a conversation. One of those honest converstations that completely rapes you with reality. I feel like I have lost something with no chance of getting it back. I do not want to move on but want to keep things in my head behind glass with a sign that says 'Do not touch, display only!'

I suspect this comes from my period returning. It seems to signal the end of the birth experience with Poppy. The fact that I could indeed get pregnant again makes me feel somehow disloyal to Poppy. Like the cord finally being severed. I guess I am very aware of how quickly my baby is growing and will soon be a toddler. I am also aware that this baby will be the last I have. It does make me a little sad. It is all just stupid hormones I guess but has given me an odd uneven feeling.

No comments: