Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cunning bastard number four

Another effing whitetail.

Ella is bug or as she says "Gug" obsessed, could this be the universe helping her out and keeping her entertained?

This four legged foe was caught on my bed late last night. I am a geek and instead of a pocket protecter I have my trusty book light. The only reason I even saw bugger was I was a little freaked out after watching that pathetic Haunted house programme and had to read.

Are white tails the naughty and nasty spiders we are lead to believe? I am a little confused as I am aware that with the arrival of babies my anxiety levels rocketed. Once this carefree girl could go mall shopping all day, ride esculators willy nilly, eat at food courts and push shopping trolleys around and stop for a little tasting on the way around the store.

Now................the thought of touching esculator rails, eftpos pin pads, trolley handles, public toilet taps and doors, then touching my children or eating without washing my hands makes my skin crawl. This is just one of my little idioscracies that arrived with my children.

If I stop to think about the first time we ever got our house sprayed for whitetails, it was within weeks of having our first child. I do not know what we expect the spiders to do but it must be along the lines of peeling our childrens skin off then burning their exposed flesh with ciggarettes as we are that scared of them. I remember when we did get our house sprayed and the chap with the mask and spray gun asked how many spiders we had seen and then rounded the conversation with reassuring comments of "Yes you have done the right thing, no point taking a risk with babies in the house, safe that sorry" blaaaa blaaaa Thus the guilt seed was sown.

I really do dislike spiders. We found our first whitetail a couple of weeks ago, since then I have let the daddy long legs live in our nooks and crannies as I was once that whitetails ate other spiders so if you had other spiders then you did not have whitetails. Bullocks. Over those weeks where I 'live and let live' they multiplied and there was a spider residing in every corner and when those spiders started fighting and eating each other I decided enough was enough and promptly made it CH's responsibility to get rid (Although I do not like them I still cannot knowingly kill them!) Besides what is the point of having a man if he cannot come to your rescue every now and again.

Anywhoo the point that I am making, are the white tails as horrid as I think or is it a simple matter of letting my over zealous parenting anxiety skills get away on me or could it be a league of pest control agents spreading vicious rumours, fear and noxious gases to ensure a good little earner? Who knows.

No comments: