Sunday, July 02, 2006

Moving to Blenheim

Hmmmn Blenheim......lovely small slightly rural town, sunny, vineyards with access to Cherries and lots of them. It is official we are packing and moving on up. I can almost feel my extra arm sprouting out of my back.

I know little of the place except that the rent is much more exspensive, cost of living is higher and my husband wages are not going up and he will be working longer hours. All making perfect sense on a already well stretched budget. Key word to remember is LONGTERM planning and sometimes we must take a step back to move forward...................fingers crossed.

Over the next few weeks I will be busy trying to find a trailer to live in up north, find tenants for this home, prepare this one for rentals(I am just taking a break from varnishing the bench) packing while fending off a helpful toddler and feeling hugely pregnant. So much to do I am am finding sleeping even more out of reach than usual as my mind is going ten times its normal speed and of course I feel like the weight of the world is upon my shoulders. Thankfully I have a husband to share the burden, well at least a quarter of it anyway.

CH said the most lovely thing this weekend just gone, we were talking about a friend of ours who is a fantastic catch but can never seem to find the right girl as ideally he would like to settle a bit more. He went on to say that he would like to find a woman he considers his equal, Jason replied that would not be good enough do what I did and find not your equal but your better to inspire your growth and give you incentive to do your best. How lovely is that, of course I had to confirm he was talking about me and not some five dollar floosie with no teeth.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Well blumin blimey mate, that was a bolt from the blue eh!?! Well done you, Blenheim is beeyootiful (whistle stop tour not long ago), but we'll miss you! Tell me all about it on Friday...