Wednesday, February 06, 2008

STAT STAT STAT

What an amazing night, speeding, lights whirling, running to the Ambo, stretcher carting, rushing patients to the Emergency Department(surprisingly no Dr Mcdreamy)t, wearing a fluro Jacket and even talking on the radio!

Really amazing and exhilarating and already I just feel great, like all of a sudden the fog has lifted and now I have complete clarity.
It will be hard work and the protocols to be followed are lengthy and the training immense to put it into perspective I cannot give anything stronger than an asprin until around two years of study.

But heck that was just my first shift 7pm until 7am. My next shift is on Saturday so I wonder what I will experience then. Today I took Ella into the station so she could see what Mummy is doing when she is working and the Staff was talking about the days jobs and it was really quite harrowing. I can only but wonder how I will react to my first death. Already last night I found myself paying close attention to the patients and gleaning much about their lives from any clue I could to form an opinion and wonder about their life and how the live it. It is all so brand spanking new and it is wonderful to feel adrenalin pumping, I feel amazingly lucky as it is not often we get to do something for the first time and I have a whole lifetime of first times coming my way.

I just feel so proud to be learning an amazing new skill that could be life changing, I feel proud to be doing something for my community as it is good for the soul. I feel thankful I have so many friends who give me support and encouragement and share in my excitement.

What else can I say…………………………………………. ……….Yeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

.

3 comments:

snaphappymum said...

You are an awesome woman!!
I have always been so impressed by the life experiences you choose to partake in and this one is one of those special cherries.

Jules said...

You should be proud of yourself hon! and we're all thankful we have you. Well done you, I've said it before and Im sure I'll say it again... you're gonna be great!

Domestic Goddess said...

careful you both make me all soppyxxxxx