Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yes, it has been awhile.
Yes, I have fallen off the old exercise wagon, try as I might to listen to your words of wisdom and coaching, I still chucked it in. Three weeks of busting my ass on the treadmill, coupled with watching what I ate and still not a kilo lost of waist to be found anywhere! I EVEN ATE CARROT STICKS!!!!!! I FRICKEN HATE CARROT STICKS!

However this week starts afresh, with new energy and determination. Plus I have one hell of a detox to do as it a weekend of gluttony, drinking and ciggarettes. You all know that these days I am a cheap date and can giggle on the smell of a bar cloth. This weekend myself and a couple of gal pals decided to cut the cord, ditch our phones and disappear in to a bottle of wine or two over lunch. We were expected home about 3ish.

What a lovely day, you expect that when you go out with a group of gals to have fun but essentially spending a extended amount of time with people you only ever see for an hour or two could get a bit stale and forced. No such luck here ladies we just chatted and drunk and laughed until we nearly peed our panties for nine hours! It was so much fun and a real chance to blow off steam and the cool thing was very little of our children was spoken, it was just fab to find out more about each other and break to 'Mummy mould'

However I drunk far too much and by 1am I was remembering why I did not drink often and to rub salt into the woulds my darling eldest had a terrible high temp and I had to sleep with her yelling random phrases like "I want jam and marmite!" "NOOOOOOOOO Poppy dont hit me!" all the while the room was spinning.

To make matters worse CH seemed to have the pip with me all the next day which of course I took Oh so well.......................................................................We are screwed really, we get shirty at them for calling and asking stupid questions or if we check on them and they are panicking we get grumpy and even if they are cool with everything the entire next day we still feel guilty and just look for any innuendo or double meaning to jump on. Sigh. We will grow up one day.

No comments: