Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yummy Yummy Yummy I have Jelly in my tummy

Not again.

I started the year with such positivity and this year was the first time I did not start the year with crash diets and deluded pledges of uncompromising exercise routines.

It is not even the end of January and I am feeling old, skody and horrifically unattractive. What to do, what to do.

I often look at my half stuffed Haggis looking stomach and I find it truly amazing, the thousands of the shiny stetchmarks with the occasional strips of skin. The texture is fantastic, really soft and CH loves it. Even my daughters love it and giggle uncontrollably when they pat it and watch it wobble.

In all honesty, I want it gone. I do not mind the fact I have stretchmarks as they stand as a constant reminder to that amazing time when your baby was just yours and yours alone. All those quite times with each other when you could keep them safe in every way. What I do mind is the fact you do not need to see my skin to know I am a mother for heavens sake if it were not for super bras my tum would be more prominent than my boobs as it peeks around the corner five minutes before I get there!

I am thinking sit ups.

Thankfully we start a firm budget in feb and the Dairy prices are so high that our house will no longer be filled with bulk chocolate, five different types of ice cream, toppings to match and nine different cheeses(seriously I just counted)

I need to do this, just for me all I need now is will power. Got any spare?

2 comments:

snaphappymum said...

i just learnt a knew stomach toning exercise (don't know if it works yet) that can be done anytime, anywhere. You do the panting thing like when you see them giving birth on tv. Apparantly it uses every stomach muscle and if you do it enough it is better than crunches. Will let you know how i get on.

Jules said...

Nope, no spare willpower, but a crushing budget will do it, if not try this one. Get into a wide legged press-up position and then alternate swinging your arms behind your back. All the tension is in your tummy - really hard until you get the hang of it, but it seems to be putting my wobble gut back into order.