Sunday, January 20, 2008

My home resembles ground zero for a national hygiene disaster.

Every wall from toy covered carpet to about a metre high covered in grimey fingerprints, sloppy kisses and hopefully washable pens.

Cupboards ransacked, pots replaced with headless dolls and the odd ball and broken MacDonald’s toys, potatoes with little bites out of them hidden through the pantry, cd’s and dvd’s posted wherever they can fit and used nappies discarded wherever my oldest stops drops and rolls.

But what a fabulous summer holiday, this last month our home has been brimming with children’s giggles, afternoon naps in the sun, good food and salty Margaritas. We have just said goodbye to last of our family and a return to life normality.

Highlights, too many to mentions but they all have involved spending a fortune on summer berries and swimming. I guess my favourite time that was just for me was my ‘Tolberone naps’ Sadly I am down to my last few peaks of my 400gram Choocie mountain and now I feel like singing “Summer loving” to a tight black wearing bock of Tolberone. Every afternoon if I got the kids down to sleep I would go and read and nibble upon said chocolate. I could judge what sort of day I was having by the number of triangular goodness to required to rock me to sleep. Three was a good day a celebration.

Well I am dithering again as I really need to be starting at one end of the house and today I promised a drawing day to Ella as it is slightly overcast and I am crossing all fingers for rain.

Right lets have a good food day, hopefully no crap for the first time in nearly two months. I have the DT’s already.


tolberone)Summer lovin' had me a blast


(jody)Summer lovin' happened so fast

(tolberone)I met a girl crazy for me


(jody)Met a choccie as yum as can be

Summer naps driftin' away,

to uh-oh those summer nights
Uh Well-a well-a well-a huh

Tell me more, tell me more
Did you eat very much?

Tell me more, tell me more

1 comment:

Jules said...

Welcome back! I missed you!!

Glad I'm not the only one with a home like a pigsty and an overwhelming need to diet, but we're not quite done on the 'holidays' yet so I'm ignoring it all... for now!

Sounds like you've had a blast, can't wait to see you all (still checking flights and whatnot) x