Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Go buy a razor you hippy I aye

I love trees, infact my CH dislikes greatly taking me on long drives as nine times out of ten I am overlwhelmed by the look of trees and have a huge desire to capture their beauty.

Am I the only one to feel complete distaste of the public arse raping of George Bernard Shaw the Auckland property developer who felled a 100 year old Pohutakawa tree. Hmmn yes it was a very old tree by our standards and I can certinly imagine how stunning it was.

The poor bastard was lucky not to have been paraded through the streets of Auckland wearing nothing but a cardboard sign detailing his crime and having small children throw rotten vegies and cow pats at him. Now I am being silly it would not be veryNZ PC to throw actual spoiled food at him as somewhere in the world someone would have eaten it.

I do not agree with what this chap has done but what frightens me most it the loss of right to do what we wish upon our own property. Sure there are lines drawn but I am not talking about opening a kiddy fiddling knock shop that drowns puppies as a sideline. It was just a tree on the chaps property, If the public loved the tree so much perhaps they should have payed the rates for Mr Shaw.

I found the whole event 'Lord of the Flies' like, everyone involved had a blood lust gleam in their eyes and was fully willing to lynch the poor fellow, by my observations all very caught up with the moment. These are the type of people who burned witches.

No comments: