Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Just five more minutes

The eternal powerstuggle between good and evil, yin and yang or even just trying to establish who is the alpha figure, me or my six month old baby. Look, who is the mummy here and the sooner she realises that the sooner I will stop dressing her in silly wee embarassing outfits. I take my wins where I can.

I had a 'Bad Mummy' moment yesterday, I was foolishly repairing the back of her floor bouncinette (with her in it) and of course she fell out. Diving a mere ten centimeters to the floor. Oh the look of complete and utter horror she threw my way and the banshee like screaming that followed. Don't worry she paid me back by deciding 'sleeping is cheating' oh I love those 2am wake up calls.

I have just started feeding her solid food for dinner, this has been quite an adventure thus far. As expected, she loves her food, just like her mummy! She loves her vegies and I also make banana custard out of breast milk, yes a little icky and I grimace whenever I have to test the flavour or temperature, ughhhhh. This also has brought new dimension to her nappies, I will not go into the details as I am still trying the block out the experience.

No comments: