Thursday, June 04, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes

I have been nagging CH terribly of late, everything he does seems to wind me up and to add fuel to my fire look what happened last night.

Ella and Pop were playing Mummy's and Daddy's. Ella was the Mother and Pop was the Father. Ella of course was the one lugging all the babies and making all the decisions.

I asked Miss Ella, So what is it that Mummy's do? Ella replied with no hesitation "Oh they clean and do washing!" Hmmmn I said, still pissed with the fact I had been cleaning all day, feeling frazzled and then CH comes home and just has really happy giggling play time with my girls and they laughed more in five minutes with CH than with me all day........................sigh.

Then although I knew it a question doomed to make me feel shite, I asked Ella, So what is it Daddy's do? She just sighed and rolled her eyes , " oh you know they mostly watch rugby and drink beer!"

The lines of division drawn already.

1 comment:

snaphappymum said...

Super duper hugs here!!!! So feeling under-appreciated myself at the moment. Daryl's cousin has just become house dad, while his partner has gone back to work. He has three course meals cooked at night, has bottled fruit, made home-made hazelnut spread and has the house immaculate, so Daryl is now feeling hard done by!! Forget the fact his cousin has one child at school and one at daycare three days a week!! Also i'm thinking honeymoon period... wait till he's been doing it a year, housework day comes around bloody fast each week! Still the whole thing is making Daryl think i am just sitting around all day doing nothing. Excuse Me, i'm raising your children!!!!!!