Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Leave me alone kids unless you are bringing me a beer!

Why is it that on the very day we celebrate Motherhood is the very day that we do not actually want to be a Mother?

I have often thought of this and this year me and a group of gal pals made it happen. After a morning sleep in and the obligatory gushing of mushy thankyou's for crappy bits of scribbled paper posing as Mothers day cards I had a leisurely shower put on my glad rags, ditched the kids and met the girls for Brunch and Bubbles. What a hoot, we were the most rowdy table there pausing only to go to the toilet so much because we were giggling so much we nearly literally pissed ourselves laughing(bloody pelvic floor!) After we were kicked out of there, and we were asked to move along! Some of us hit the Quilt show(yes all my earlier blog fears confirmed) and then I went home, kissed and cuddled my children and went to bed for the afternoon to read a book undisturbed and got up only to eat a large portion of my favourite pudding, 'Sticky Date Pudding', loving made by CH.

What a lucky girl, I had a most wonderful day and I am and I fully encouraging all of you yummy Mummy's out there to do the same with your next Mothers Day.

1 comment:

snaphappymum said...

Sounds absolutely fabulous. Daryl and i went to Hanmer for the weekend, so i got to sleep in, happily relaxed. Cruised home thru the snow on the Lewis (beautiful). Sadly i came home to sick kids and got no sleep that night (in fact i managed to lie -sleeping not an option- in four different beds), so next year maybe i need to look at not coming home till Monday!