Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ladybug ladybug fly away home


It is Ok to feel somewhat inadequate while basking in the glow of my Pattisserie prowess........................................here it is my first ever attempt at a Childrens Birthday cake and I had a really great time doing it. It may not be the most well put together cake but it tasted fantastic, was extremely moist and more impotantly was a bit of a hit with all the children. The best part of it is the little figures I made around the edge as I have packed them away in a special little box filled with cotton wool to go with Poppy's keepsakes. At this rate I am going to need two extra bedrooms for the crap I keep.
The party was fantastic and everyone was extremely well feed with lots of dancing children giggling their way around the house dropping feckin red and black icing on our carpet(which stains) We are already finding we are being surrounded by the most amazing people who willingly invite us in to share their lives

2 comments:

snaphappymum said...

Very awesome. Especially love his little tongue and the keepsakes are very cute. You've started it now though, so what awesome cake do you have planned for Ella's party?

Jules said...

Molly just saw this pic and said 'I wanna have some ladybug cake now please mummy'. It's really good - and sorry, I should've told you about the black and red carpet staining (we still have strong reminders of pingu here too!)

Snaphappymum is right though, where do you go from here? don't we make it hard on ourselves?!?! worth it though eh.

Love, love the pic of the 3 of you, aren't you all gorgeous!