Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

It is amazingly hot and humid here. 21:10 and the air is like breathing in a steam room, yesterday morning I spent sitting on our back deck in my nightie in the pouring rain and all around me was low fog like cloud. It was one of those special moments were you are wearing a foolish grin and wanting to dance amongst the daisy's.

Today however I had had enough. CH and I had a date today, Eight hours with just each other for company. We decided to play golf together and luckily we know the golf pro so he gave us a golf cart to go aroung the course in. I loved the golf up until around the 12th hole when I completely had enough of smacking the hell out of the ball only to have it skim the surface of the grass and go about 40 meters. I even have blisters and a neck injury! The best bit was the golf cart................................I intend to never go around a course without one as they are the coolest ride, I was giggling my way around, trying to run over Jase, running into bushes on his side of the cart when he gave me shit, hooning over all terrain and realising my bra is not as supportive as I would have liked(CH quickly there with hands outstretched to help me out with that one, who says he is not supportive!)

We very rarely get time alone, so when we are faced with the prospect of it, it is fairly daunting. I reckon we need about three days together to fully enjoy each other as with our action packed morning and being two unfit fat bastards in tropical weather we both felt terrible and craved BK and then promptly went home and watched a DVD and fell asleep!What party animals! The DVD was great by the way, Charlie Wilson's War with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts

2 comments:

Mel Archer said...

Welcome back! I agree re Charlie Wilson's War - watched it a few weeks back with P - next planning to see Happy Go Lucky, at least when we get organised enough and have some suitably bad weather :) - Mel

Domestic Goddess said...

Yes you too Mrs Mummy.............christ has it sunk in yet? Hmmn re Happy go lucky, I am a bit nervous to watch it as I really wanted to go as it looked great and as the lead Character was Poppy of course I had to BUT I missed it and now everyone says it was shit! So let me know.

Currently watching Ricky Jervais, standup comedy, laughing arse off!